All of the comfort with none of the work.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 lb. baby potatoes, quartered
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots and celery and season mixture with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add flour and stir until the vegetables are coated, then add chicken, thyme, bay leaf, potatoes and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the potatoes are tender.
- Remove chicken from pot and transfer to a medium bowl. Using two forks, shred the chicken into small pieces and return to the pot. Garnish with parsley.