- LIHEAP Fact Sheet for 2017-2018 Click Here
- 2016-2018 Final Community Needs Assessment was completed and approved by the Board of Directors at the March 9, 2017 Board Meeting.
- The Board of Directors and Staff has completed updating the agency’s 3-year strategic plan for 2016-2019. The strategic plan was approved and adopted at the March 9, 2017 Board Meeting.
- The FY 2017 LIHEAP Program has successfully ended. As of May 31, 2017 a total of 2,342 clients were assisted, expending a total of $796,020.
- Funding is still available to receive a new water well or to rehabilitate existing wells through Waterwell Trust, funding expires on September 30, 2017.
- Community Needs Assessment Surveys for the 2019-2021 are coming soon. For additional information, please call West Central Georgia CAC, Inc. at (478) 472-3607 or toll free at (855)-473-9423.
- The Board of Directors had training on Organizational Standards and ROMA Next Generation on Saturday, August 13,2016, Saturday, August 20,2016. The Board and staff received training on Saturday, September 24, 2016.
- Special Thanks to Mrs. Lorraine Daniels, Executive Director-GCAA and ROMA Certified Trainer.
- On September 27, 2016, West Central GA CAC, Inc. hosted a workshop for the citizens of Macon County on how to obtain funding for well replacement. This program provides assistance through low-interest rate loan to low-income families or individuals in need of well replacement for safe drinking water.
- We would like to thank Regina McDuffie-County Manager, Bob Melvin-County Commissioner for allowing West Central to use the Preston Williams Center for the workshop and Dexter McKenzie for setting up the meeting space with tables and chairs. Also a big thank you to Ms. Margaret Martens, Program Director of Water Well Trust.
- FY 2017 LIHEAP agency wide training was conducted on October 27, 2016 at the Flint Area Consolidated Housing Authority in Montezuma, GA to train staff, volunteers and board members on the upcoming LIHEAP program.
- On behalf of the Board of Directors, Executive Director and Staff of West Central Georgia CAC, Inc., we would like to thank Mr. Richard Reiter and Ms. Joy Nelson for the accommodations of this training.
- The Board of Directors are currently planning the agency’s 2017 fundraising activities. More information coming soon. Please see our donation’s page to help support our cause.
- Elderly Home Energy Assistance began this week: Watch Channel 10‘s report regarding this needed event.