We believe that change begins with the individual. Our mission is to take a stand against poverty by focusing on alleviated human suffering. We strive to create positive outcomes for the low income families we serve by collaborating with partners within our local communities. To promote personal development, empowerment and advocating self-sufficiency.
A community action agency decreasing individuals, families, and households insufficiencies to become more self-sufficient.
The purpose of the Corporation is to seek, identify and eliminate the causes of poverty in the counties of Crisp, Dooly, Macon, Marion, Schley, Taylor and Webster. The Corporation will fulfill its purpose by working with low-income persons as well as public and private entitles to do the following.
- Mobilize and distribute resources through a network of programs and services to people in need.
- Encourage economic development and community involvement.
- Work in cooperation with other organizations in planning and executing activities to improve economic and social conditions.
- Educate the public on possible sources for economic and social assistance.
- Plan and execute activities, which will help each community become more aware of and responsive to cause and symptoms of poverty.
The purposes for which the Corporation is organized are exclusively religious, charitable, scientific, literary and educational within the meaning of section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 as amended. The Corporation shall not engage in any activity, which does not fit within the PURPOSE stated herein.